Libertarian Party of Orange County, Fl.
Business Meeting Minutes
August 28th, 2018
The regular meeting of the Libertarian Party of Orange County, Fl. was called to order at 7:30pm on July 17th, 2018 at Orlando Brewing by Chair – Derek Ryan.
Executive Committee: Derek Ryan – Chair, Pedro Geliga - Vice-Chair, Mari Morrell – Secretary, Greg Peele - Treasurer, Zachary Detwiler – Membership Chair, Wayne Jackman - Platform Chair
Voting Members: None
Regular Members: Ricardo Gerena
Guests: Rob Casterline, Izzy Aly
Determination of Quorum
Quorum of voting members was established.
Approval and Adoption of Agenda
Mari Morrell objected to the agenda as presented and moved to amend the agenda by moving the motions pertaining to the March and April minutes to New Business. The motion was seconded by Greg Peele and passed with one abstention.
Greg Peele withdrew his motion to amend the previously approved April Minutes.
Approval of the Minutes
The minutes from the July business meeting were approved without correction. The motion to accept was made by Greg Peele and seconded by Zachary Detwiler. It was approved unanimously.
Guest Speaker – none
State Party Coordination Report – Greg Peele
Chair Report –Derek Ryan
Vice-Chair Report – Pedro Geliga
Secretary Report – Mari Morrell
Treasurer Report – Greg Peele
By-Laws Report – No Report
Communications Report – Greg Peele
Finance Report – No Report
Membership Report – Zach Detwiler
Candidates Report – No Report
Platform Report – No Report
- No old business.
- Mari Morrell - Discussion of new LPOC logo design
- Greg Peele- Motion to reimburse the Treasurer for expenses of $161.35 incurred renewing the lporangefl.org website for one year and $89.94 incurred renewing the Libertarian Party of Orange County Meetup account for six months. The motion was seconded by Pedro Geliga and passed unanimously.
- Greg Peele – Motion to formally adopt the Libertarian Party of Florida’s recommended positions to endorse Constitutional Amendments 4 and 5 and to oppose Constitutional Amendments 6-10. The motion was seconded by Mari Morrell and passed unanimously.
- Greg Peele- Motion to formally adopt the position to oppose Constitutional Amendment 3. The motion was seconded by Zachary Detwiler and passed unanimously.
- Greg Peele- Motion to formally adopt the position to endorse Constitutional Amendments 1 and 2. The motion was seconded by Mari.
Zachary Detwiler moved to postpone the motion to the September Business Meeting. The motion to postpone was seconded by Pedro Geliga and passed.
- Greg Peele – Motion to formally Endorse Joe Lopez for Orange County Sheriff. The motion was seconded by Mari Morrell and passed unanimously.
- Greg Peele – Motion to formally endorse Derek Ryan for Orange Soil and Water Supervision Group 4. The motion was seconded by Zach Detwiler and passed with one abstention.
- Special Note: For the duration of this motion Chair Derek Ryan passed the gavel to Vice-Chair Pedro Geliga as well as abstained from the vote. After the vote concluded he resumed the gavel.)
- Mari Morrell – Motion to amend the previously adopted March 27th, 2018 business meeting minutes to replace “February 2018 business meeting” with “February 20th, 2018 Regular Business Meeting and the March 4th, 2018 Special Business Meeting.” The motion was seconded by Greg Peele and passed unanimously.
- Open Discussion
Zach Detwiler made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Pedro Geliga and it was approved by a unanimous vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 08:59pm by Chair – Derek Ryan. The next business meeting will be at 7:00pm on September 18, 2018, at Orlando Brewing.
Minutes submitted by: Mari Morrell